PCL LinkDump: Audio / Visual findings on a more or less regular basis.
(Most Frequent) Labels:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Urville

I am sitting on a huge pile of luggage: I'll be heading south tomorrow, towards the Mediterranean, and believe me, after a long and arduous winter such as the one we've just had it's high time to catch a few glimpses of sun and to dip my toes into some lush and lukewarm waters. Mind you, they're still as white as my teeth. (The toes, of course, not the waters.)

One of the places I'll surely stop over is the wonderful French city of Urville. What's that you say? Never heard of the place? Ah, don't say. This city is one of the biggest and most spectacular places the world has ever seen. And with its 11.5 million inhabitants and its 150 skyscrapers - one of them scraping the sky at an incredible 540 meters - it is hard to miss when you're cruising along the Côte d'Azur. No, no, this is not a belated April fool's prank. Urville does exist, believe me. Right here.


Go ahead, see for yourself. And then tell me what you think of the place. But for now, please excuse me. I've still got some duffle bags to pack and some neighbourly instructions to write down. Now, where did I put that toothbrush again ...

0 comments: