PCL LinkDump: Audio / Visual findings on a more or less regular basis.
(Most Frequent) Labels:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Bill Ward

Torchy, at war, in water colors.
"... On my first day at Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, our instructor said, "I suggest that at the beginning you students draw what you’re interested in most. You who like animals, draw them; those interested in landscapes, paint them." I knew what I had to do . . . I drew girls . . . and I’ve been doing it to this day. Incidentally, Bob Kuhn, America’s foremost animal painter, was in my class. He went in another direction. ..."
Bill Ward in his own words. (thanks to KD Opdello over at the group)
http://womenofward.com/index.htm

/Z

0 comments: