PCL LinkDump: Audio / Visual findings on a more or less regular basis.
(Most Frequent) Labels:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------

Sunday, March 06, 2011

Myles and Brian and Flann





Dr, Gittfinger's Vinyl Vault offers the BBC Radio drama "Your Only Man", a fictionalized account of civil servant Brian O'Nolan's battle with his alter egos, Flann O'Brien and Myles na gCopaleen. Interesting for me not only for the imagined insights into the brain of one of my favorite writers, but for the reunion of Father Ted  alums Ardal O'Hanlon and Pauline McLynn.

In other Flann O'Brien news, is appears Ergo Phizmiz is writing an opera - or rather a "steam-punk-neuropera" (whatevah) based on O'Brien's masterpiece, "The Third Policeman". I will surely be interested in giving that a listen as well, though I think I will stop short of helping fund its production.

0 comments: