PCL LinkDump: Audio / Visual findings on a more or less regular basis.
(Most Frequent) Labels:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------

Monday, March 24, 2008

I hear Bill Fay calling

"I hear you calling from the riverbank
I will be coming when the air is black
All my time is lying on the factory floor
And all my time is lying on the factory floor

Some say messiah coming got to get it right
Some say messiah coming give me back my time
All my time is lying on the factory floor
And all my time is lying on the factory floor

I hear you calling

I hear you calling
I hear you calling..."
boomp3.com

I found out about Bill Fay via the excellent Swedish music blog, Spengo.
The song "I hear you calling" is from his first album,'Time Of The Last Persecution', from 1971 and is a wonderful piece of music. It has this soothing and reassuring kind of thing going on.

I downloaded the whole album yesterday and it's filled with great and simple (and that is almost always a very positive thing in my book) songs.

I wonder why I never heard of him before? Oh, yes, this is exactly the reason why I love music. There is always something brilliant to find just around the corner (even if it's the 13th time around you walk around that particular corner).And.
I hear you calling.

(Thanks to Mattias, over at Spengo.)

0 comments: