PCL LinkDump: Audio / Visual findings on a more or less regular basis.
(Most Frequent) Labels:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------

Saturday, August 04, 2007

The Boy Wonder Sessions



Childrens' Records and More is a new 'blog that's chock-a-block with great vinyl sharities of vintage kiddie LPs by Danny Kaye, Captain Kangaroo, and a butt-load of those low-budget Hanna-Barbara cartoons that, for some inexplicable reason, Gen-X'ers get all misty about. But what really floated my Batboat was this promo 45 by Burt Ward, called "Boy Wonder, I Love You", featuring the Caped Crusader's campy catamite reading gushing fan letters from lovesick, pre-pubescent girls over the musical backing of Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention. Here's sample:

"Oh, Boy Wonder, I'm making a gum wrapper chain to symbolize my love for you. It's going to be as long as I am tall, and I'm 5 foot 10 inches in stocking feet. Please, Boy Wonder, PLEASE, come next Saturday and sleep for a week or two. I will feed you breakfast in bed, I will make your bed for you, and I like you so much that I want you to spend the whole summer with me.

(I hope you know this is a girl writing)"

Burt Ward: the Boy Wonder Sessions (thanks, Riley!)

0 comments: