PCL LinkDump: Audio / Visual findings on a more or less regular basis.
(Most Frequent) Labels:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------

Thursday, March 05, 2009

More Fugs

Ms. Bolton has probably covered this in spades to date but I figure a second or third helping can't hurt.

The Fugs were the brainchild of one Ed Sanders and Tuli Kupferberg in 1965.

I can vividly remember my first experience hearing the Fugs. It was 1969 and I was a mere 14 years old. Our neighborhood freak, Wesley, who taught us how to smoke cigarettes at 10 and pot at 12 was toking some fine bud and listening to The Fugs first LP. I gotta believe "I Couldn't Get High" was in constant rotation and for all the wrong reasons, we loved it.

Of course after receiving a "gift" from our esteemed pal baikinange, I went "Utubing" and found this clip which sums up the Fugs experience.



0 comments: