PCL LinkDump: Audio / Visual findings on a more or less regular basis.
(Most Frequent) Labels:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Eat, drink, and be slender


Eat, drink, and be slender
Originally uploaded by ☞Uh … Bob☜

Bring on the pigs in a blanket and Flaming Blue Hawaiis, I'm starting a new diet!

On a personal note, back in my college days, I worked summers at a methadone clinic. (oh, the stories!) The director used to talk about how he was going to write a diet manual called "Spit and Stay Slim". You could chew up as much food as you wanted, but you just couldn't swallow it. I imagine you were to carry a bucket around with you for disposal purposes, or perhaps just a large pocketbook or backpack.

I don't know the number of people who actually kicked the heroin habit under his watch, but I suspect it was probably as many as who would have been helped by his diet plan idea.

0 comments: