PCL LinkDump: Audio / Visual findings on a more or less regular basis.
(Most Frequent) Labels:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------

Sunday, October 24, 2004

The true story of the art of stencil graffiti.

"It was on a trip to New York City in 1971 that I saw my first wild art graffiti. They were popping up everywhere : on the subway and around the basketball courts. I remember graffiti painted with a marker, like nervous signatures with a crown, allover NY, and big letters filled with spirals and many colours. These miniatures made me so curious that I asked to Larry Wollhandler, my American friend lodging me in his home in NYC, the inevitable question :
“ What does all this mean ? Why are these people doing this?” ..."

Read more about the stencil graffiti movement in THE MANIFESTO OF STENCILISM by Blek le Rat, the Pioneer (via gmtPlus9)
http://blekmyvibe.free.fr/pages%20html/manifestocontent.html

/Z

0 comments: