PCL LinkDump: Audio / Visual findings on a more or less regular basis.
(Most Frequent) Labels:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Aganju

Nick over at Jazz and Conversation writes about Bebel Gilberto's latest CD "I first dismissed this CD as a slick attempt to take advantage of the reputation and legacy of her parents. ... That said, I admit the CD has grown on me upon multiple listenings. And there are several tracks that are flat-out awesome! Aganju is my favorite. ..."
I couldn't agree more. Aganju is a beautiful, floating creation with lots of air with a very nice (sort of) accelerating hypnotique groove.
When Bebel's songs are good they are very good.
Have a listen yourself over at Nick's place.
http://www.quietfm.com/Blog/2004/12/kids-are-alright.html

0 comments: