PCL LinkDump: Audio / Visual findings on a more or less regular basis.
(Most Frequent) Labels:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------

Monday, January 05, 2009

The 1960 Cavalcade of Tractors and Equipment



What was it that made the U.S. great? Was it the smokes that were a silly millimeter longer, double-stuff Oreos, or was it our unflinching ability to build an economic foundation on the backs of exploited minorities? No, I would argue that our prowess is due to the Power of JINGLES.

I just bought this record of snappy tunes promoting the 1960 line of tractors and farm implements from the Ford Motor Company, and I'll be goddamned if I don't feel like going out and buying me some farm implements. So excuse me while I go out and move some patio furniture to make room for my 1960 vintage Ford reaper thrasher machine. I may be eating ramen noodles through the next decade, but my sacrifice will help buy back my country's dominance, by gum. Listen and be inspired to buy again.

0 comments: