PCL LinkDump: Audio / Visual findings on a more or less regular basis.
(Most Frequent) Labels:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------

Saturday, July 04, 2009

Korla Pandit

I've been in a Korla Pandit mood lately. He hypnotizes me! I'm not lucky enough to have seen him, but a bunch of my friends have, because he lived to a ripe old age (Tim Burton put him in 'Ed Wood' playing himself.) Pandit had a daily show in Los Angeles in the 1950s where he batted his eyelashes at housewives and became a minor sensation. I can see why. But I think I love him even more because he was a big phony - he was born John Roland Redd in Missouri. He tried the name "Juan Rolando" before settling on the turban, a faux exotic background, and the name he'd stick with for the rest of his life. Check out his website for all kinds of info and goodies.

0 comments: