PCL LinkDump: Audio / Visual findings on a more or less regular basis.
(Most Frequent) Labels:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------

Thursday, February 05, 2009

"Get Off My BLEEPin' Bus!"

At this point I don't want to belabor all the hand-wringing over the Christian Bale tirade, but I can't help thinking it comes up a little short on the celebrity tirade-o-meter.

For sentimental reasons (I'm a lifelong baseball and Los Angeles Dodgers fan), I've got a special place in my heart for Tommy Lasorda. By all accounts a great guy, but man could he stick it to you. He's best known, of course, for being asked about Dave Kingman's performance following a loss to Kingman's Chicago Cubs, but I think his rant about hitting Kurt Bevaqua is better.

(Warning: All the following are NSFW.)

Then there is Casey Kasem's famous rant about "a little dog named Snuggles":


...which was so memorably sampled by Negativland in its "U2" single:


But to me, the king of them all is Buddy Rich. Besides being a hellacious drummer, he could rage with the best of him. Here is a compliation of three separate rants directed toward his backing band on the bus after a show:


(I understand some choice lines from Buddy's rants later turned up as dialogue in various episodes of "Seinfeld," but I've never had much interest in that show so I can't say for sure.)

0 comments: