PCL LinkDump: Audio / Visual findings on a more or less regular basis.
(Most Frequent) Labels:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Silver Springs Submerged



My two very favorite types of vintage photographs (other than Weegee and dead Victorian babies) are monkeys wearing clothes riding in pedal cars (suck it, PETA) and staged shots of people doing stupid things underwater with moronic fixed grins on their faces. Today at work I visited the Smithsonian website (yes, I was that bored) and discovered a swell tribute to a noted underwater photographer named Bruce Mozert that not only showed some of his classic shots from the 40s through the 70s, but revealed some of his secrets--such as how he created the "smoke" in his underwater grill photo (condensed milk) so now I can create my OWN underwater tableaux! Which I will surely share with you all one day, as soon as I figure out how to teach pugs to hold their breath underwater.

0 comments: