PCL LinkDump: Audio / Visual findings on a more or less regular basis.
(Most Frequent) Labels:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------

Monday, March 31, 2008

REVEVEREND ORGANDRUM


I gotta tell ya - I LOVE the Reverend Horton Heat. He's my fave, and every year, I go see him play, with dedication to the task, creativity in the set, and cool radiating off him like the stink waves on a cartoon cat's ass. Jimbo, too!

Brian Setzer can shove his stilted view of rockabilly up his precious little swing-dancing-at-Christmas-ass. *puke*

Now, the Rev has put together this new album of hits with two friends that have formidable accomplishments in the fields of drumming and organ playing. A little shift to the left that provides friggin' deliciousness of the first order.

Next, I want say I fucking HATE MySpace - it's shit for the clueless, on a platter of stupidity. UnfortunatEly, it's also a valuable tool for musicians trying to seduce the half-witted Rubes into tasting their wares.

HAVING SAID THAT, the Rev has got a MySpace for the entity known as Reverend Organdrum, this collaboration that showcases not only his, but his organ player's and drummer's skills as well. So I linked it because it's got cuts. I also am linking to his Yep Roc Records page as well as his OFFICIAL web page to allow you to listen to some other cuts as well as gain insights.

"A Shot In the Dark" "Ain't That a Kick In the Head" "Time is Tight" and "route 66" are all there.

All I can say is..............fuck.

With Much Love,
Lex10

Yeah, I'm gushing......jealous?

Go listen, saddle pals.

0 comments: